A world-wide leader in the development, production and distribution of highly accurate laboratory instruments and process measuring systems is seeking a Sales Engineer to join their UK sales team.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for promoting the Company’s portfolio of particle size characterisation, solid density analysers, gas sorption analysers and rheology instrumentation.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for the support of current customers and new business development across the South of England and South Wales. The successful candidate will join a motivated, international team.
- Management of existing customers and generation of new accounts through prospecting, lead generation and follow up;
- Effective territory management with direct responsibility for sales projects and negotiations;
- Support the development of customer applications;
- Participation at conferences and exhibitions;
- Support the development of marketing communications with customers;
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their equipment;
You could be the ideal candidate for this Sales Engineer job opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
- Suitable candidates should hold a degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, physics, life science or a related discipline;
- Experience of successfully selling analytical instruments;
- Materials characterisation sales experience would be a distinct advantage but full training will be provided;
- Ability to effectively communicate with laboratory managers, professors, PhD level scientists and technicians;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Availability to travel throughout the territory and occasionally overseas for training and business meetings;
- Territory: London, counties south of London, the M4 corridor and south, Gloucestershire and South Wales;
- Located near Reading/M4 corridor and within easy access to the main road network;
- Full UK driving licence.
- Up to £40,000 salary (depending on experience);
- Up to £12,000 bonus OTC;
- A competitive package of benefits;
- Company car.