This is a great opportunity for a candidate with skills in the repair and maintenance of analytical laboratory instrumentation. You will join one of the market-leaders in the supply of lab instrument service, support and validation.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for providing service delivery and technical support to customers on primarily analytical laboratory instrumentation. Services such as repair, maintenance, calibration and validation of will all be part of your daily duties. The equipment supported will include Dissolution and Physical Testing instruments.
You will support customers across South East England as far east as Reading and as far north as Oxford. The customer base comprises medical and pharmaceutical companies.
This is an opportunity to become part of a small but dynamic team in a growing company.
Reporting to the Team Lead:
- Provide service delivery support for all customers on analytical laboratory instrumentation;
- Manage and coordinate your daily functions in a timely and efficient manner;
- Perform Routine/Non Routine PM/OQ/PQ;
- Perform Equipment Troubleshooting & Breakdown repairs;
- Support other engineers when required;
- Provide technical support to customer queries;
- Provide a conduit for customers and the teach support team;
- Evaluate in-coming fault reports and initiate appropriate measures, e.g. support customers by remote troubleshooting, or, if necessary, request support from product specialists;
- Ensure prompt handling of customer complaints;
- Inform Head of Services in case of major deviations and for cases that can’t be handled with current resources;
- Promote and maintain a high Quality of Service;
- Promote the brand and service capabilities of the Company to all existing and new customers;
- Identify and implement service delivery improvements in conjunction with Team Leads.
You could be the ideal candidate for this Field Service Engineer opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record of working in a GMP/cGxP environment;
- Experience as a field or site service engineer providing IQ/OQ service/support of dissolution and physical testing equipment;
- Alternatively, experience working in a Pharmaceutical Analytical Laboratory with dissolution and physical testing equipment and looking for a change in career direction;
- Troubleshooting ability;
- On average, willing to travel around the territory 4 days per week, with 1 day working at home planning service calls for following week and completing administration tasks;
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills;
- Flexible, self-motivated, extremely productive and organised;
- Full driving licence;
- Territory: South East England including the area just North East of the M25 (i.e. Stevenage/St Albans);
- Home location: ideally within easy access of the M25;
- Ability to make occasional trips to customers in Europe (but not possible currently due to COVID restrictions).
The package for this role comprises:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience);
- Generous tax-free, daily on-the-road allowance;
- Overtime accrued when working outside of normal daily hours;
- Company car;
- Company pension.