This is a great opportunity for a candidate with skills in the repair and maintenance of Chromatography instrumentation. You will join one of the market-leaders in the supply of lab instrument service, support and validation in Ireland.
As the Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for providing service delivery support for the Company’s customers on Chromatography instrumentation across southern Ireland. The customer base is 90% pharmaceutical companies.
This is an opportunity to become part of a small but dynamic team in a growing company.
- Reporting to the Team Lead:
- Manage and coordinate your daily functions in a timely and efficient manner;
- Promote the brand and service capabilities of Company to all existing and new customers;
- Perform Routine/Non Routine Preventive Maintenance;
- Perform Routine/Non Routine Operation Qualifications;
- Perform Routine/Non Routine Performance Qualifications;
- Perform Equipment Troubleshooting for allocated breakdown queries;
- Perform Equipment Breakdown repairs;
- Perform Installation and Operation Qualifications;
- Promote and Maintain the Company’s Quality of Service;
- Identify and implement service delivery improvements
- Identify and improve certain Service capabilities and skills by consultation with Team Lead;
- Develop and maintain New Service Contracts;
- Upkeep of Technical Manual database;
- Ensure successful achievement of Service Dept. Targets and KPIs:
- KPI: Completion of all Monthly schedules within the designated monthly period;
- KPI: 48 Hour service response target;
- KPI: Customer complaints target.
- Ideally a proven laboratory background with cGxP experience;
- Strong background working with or experience of analytical equipment;
- Familiar with using chromatography equipment, i.e. HPLC, GC, GCMS;
- Must have a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) laboratory background within the pharma sector;
- Experience as a field service engineer or experience working within an Analytical Laboratory maintaining/calibrating/trouble-shooting equipment would be extremely beneficial but not essential;
- Willing to travel around the territory 4 days per week, with 1 day working at home planning service calls for following week and completing administration tasks;
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills;
- Flexible, self-motivated, extremely productive and organised;
- Full driving licence;
- Territory: Southern Ireland;
- Home location: within easy access of the main road network on Ireland’s south coast, e.g. Cork or Waterford.
- EUR 40,000 to EUR 50,000 (depending on experience);
- A competitive package of benefits;
- Company car.