The Software Test Engineer will join a growing team of talented, passionate professionals at a cutting-edge technology Company.
Working as part of a small team, the Software Test Engineer will report to the Head of Software Development. Your key contacts within the Company will be the Chief Engineer, Chief Scientist, General Manager, Customer Service Manager and the Production Engineering team.
- Develop New Software Packages and Supporting Documentation:
- Develop verification and validation strategies for the assigned systems and subsystems.
- Assist with validation of requirements and develop test specifications against them.
- Specify/develop test rigs and harnesses as required to support the test plans.
- Deliver test solutions on time and in full.
- Maintain the test documentation set
- Use issue tracking, version management and continuous integration systems.
- Existing Software Packages:
As above and additionally –
- Investigate software and system issues as reported by other areas of the business, customers, resellers etc.;
- Identify bugs, record on feature tracking software and ensure all relevant information is provided.
- Record feature requests from other areas of the business, ensuring that requirements are clearly captured.
- Customer Support:
- Assist customers and resellers in using the Company’s software;
- Provide diagnostic support for systems and software in field via remote support and where necessary, in-field visits.
- Be self-organised with good administrative skills
- Aspire to and maintain high standards of house keeping
- Ability to estimate task durations
- Ability to manage a number of tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Improve Software Processes:
- Contribute to the Company’s software process description to further refine and optimise.
- Widen Technical Competence and Domain Knowledge:
- Strive to contribute to all Company software packages;
- Consult with other areas of the business to widen understanding so that testing is as useful as possible.
The post-holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected. Duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or policy. In this event, appropriate training will be provided.
The Company designs and manufactures industry-leading environmental measurement systems and provides supporting services for energy projects and applications.
The following skills, knowledge and experience are essential for the role:
- Relevant technical qualification in Engineering, Electronics or IT Business to minimum of ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification;
- Knowledge and/or experience with one or more software programming languages;
- Ability to learn new technology fundamentals quickly, show flexibility, and work on several projects and priorities in parallel;
- Proven problem solving, technical, written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven analytical skills;
- Proven inter-personnel skills;
- Proven team player who can effectively interact with others to accomplish tasks within tight timescales and changing environments;
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
The following skills and experience are desirable but not essential:
- Experience with C++;
- Experience with Python;
- Software testing methodologies;
- Issue management (ticketing) systems;
- Experience of performing the software test role in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience);
- Impressive benefits package.