A world leader in laboratory instrumentation and services is seeking an Application Engineer to support their Characterisation Business Unit.
Based at the Company’s UK offices and reporting to the Sales Manager, the role will support the sales team and provide a primary interface for existing and prospective customers throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will join a motivated, international team.
- Provide first line technical support for incoming enquiries on the Characterisation product portfolio;
- Qualify and nurture incoming leads and opportunities for the responsible products to enhance sales pipeline development;
- Support customer demonstrations and application development as required;
- Participate at conferences and exhibitions;
- Management of the characterisation demonstration laboratory;
- Support the development of marketing communications with customers.
The Company is a world-wide leader in the development, production and distribution of highly accurate laboratory instruments and process measuring systems, including custom-built automation and robotic solutions.
- Suitable candidates should hold a minimum of a degree (or equivalent qualification) in a physical science or engineering related discipline;
- A prior knowledge of the characterisation product technology would be highly desirable;
- Ability to effectively communicate with laboratory managers, professors, PhD level scientists and technicians;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Availability to travel throughout the UK and occasionally overseas for training and business meetings;
- Located within commutable distance of the offices in Hertfordshire;
- Full UK driving licence.
- £30,000 - £32,000 salary (depending on experience), plus £4,000 bonus;
- A competitive package of benefits.