A worldwide leading manufacturer of life science products is looking for a Product Technical Support & Customer Service Support Associate to join their team.
You will be responsible for providing external and internal technical support on behalf of a Company that produces high-quality nucleic acid purification products.
The Support Associate will also perform a variety of customer service and administrative duties, along with the writing and reviewing of technical documents.
Reporting to the European Managing Director the Product Technical Support & Customer Service Support Associate will:
- Assist customers with technical support regarding applications and troubleshooting and answering enquiries via phone, email and online chat;
- Assist in troubleshooting experiments within the laboratory on customer issues;
- Accurately convey information based upon customer complaints to management team;
- Develop and provide technical training and materials for distributors, sales personnel and customers;
- Develop a knowledge base through accurate documentation and reporting of issues and complaints;
- Assist sales team by providing a high level of technical proficiency in pre-sales and post-sales support;
- Assist marketing department with technical writing for new product releases and marketing material;
- Create and present technical marketing material to customers, distributors and third parties;
- Travel to European tradeshows to attend exhibition booths;
- Locate and review scientific literature from professional sources (peer reviewed literature), the internet and popular press;
- Provide accurate written synopses of scientific material that is science-based, but also can be understood by the general public without a scientific background;
- Build, maintain and constantly update an archive of literature and bibliography of source material;
- Answer telephones and assist customers by answering enquiries or directing to appropriate department;
- Assist customers with placement of orders;
- Support Sales Team by accurate and timely entry of sample requests;
- Ensure information is easily and effectively distributed in a timely manner;
- Follow established company SOP and ISO 9001 guidelines.
The Company is a worldwide leading manufacturer of nucleic acid purification kits for clinical, biotechnology and agricultural research. It offers high-quality products in DNA and RNA extraction, the first step for many downstream analyses.
The ideal candidate for this position of Product Technical Support & Customer Service Support Associate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in any Life Science subject area. An MS or PhD is preferred;
- Must have a firm understanding of and experience within the life science research marketplace;
- Be a proactive individual, as well as having solid communication, organisational and time-management skills;
- Must demonstrate excellent organisational skill and ability to manage large amounts of technical data and documentation;
- Ability to design experiments, run tests, analyse and interpret data, and troubleshoot;
- Experience or knowledge of workflows with DNA & RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, microarrays and NGS;
- Proficiency with standard computer software, as well as common molecular biology computational tools;
- Travel requirements: a couple of trips per year to the USA for team meetings and to European exhibitions;
- Location: this role will be home-based in the first instance and will then be located within the Company’s London office.
- Circa £35,000 (depending on experience), plus 20-25% bonus OTC.