A successful, high-technology engineering Company is seeking a Systems Engineer to join their growing team.
As the Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the performance (cost, quality, complexity) and coherence of the delivered system solution to meet the requirements on time.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure the coherence of the system architecture, design and implemented solution with the requirements;
- Apply the V model system engineering approach;
- For the assigned system manage design budgets (cost, power, weight, size, reliability);
- Deliver engineered solutions on time and in full;
- Develop clear item specifications as required;
- Develop system architectures as required to fulfil requirements;
- Undertake trade studies as required;
- Identify most appropriate sub system technologies with respect to both cost & performance;
- Undertake make vs buy studies;
- Utilise a structured and best practice NPI (New Product Introduction) process to deliver the project against time, specification and cost metrics;
- Develop production and system verification strategies, plans and specifications;
- Develop product validation strategies, plans and specifications.
You could be the perfect candidate for this Systems Engineer opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a system engineering environment, particularly within a V-model structure;
- Appreciation of electronics engineering;
- Experience of designing a high availability, low maintenance product within a harsh environment (e.g. defence, aerospace, medical, automotive);
- Appreciation of software development;
- Significant experience in the delivery of customer projects on time, to specification and budget;
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology concepts and to see their application in improving products that are being developed;
- Firm advocate of using best practice engineering process methods to deliver quality products;
- Experience of DFx – manufacturing, test and cost;
- Experience of product validation and verification;
- Proven experience of providing creative technical flair to system architectures;
- A broad depth of best practice technical experience from a volume-based business with a technically challenging product;
- Within commuting distance of Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire;
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
This role comes with a competitive salary and very generous benefits package. Working time is 35 hours per week. The location of this Systems Engineer role would be within commutable distance of Malvern, Worcester, Ledbury, Hereford, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Gloucester.