A successful, high-technology engineering Company is seeking a Software Engineer to join their growing team of talented, passionate professionals.
Working as part of a small team, the Software Engineer is responsible for delivering rock-solid embedded software, incredible user experiences and innovative data-analysis and calibration software tools.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop new software packages and supporting documentation;
- Participate in peer reviewing of other software engineers code;
- Maintain and improve existing software packages and supporting documentation Investigate software and system issues as reported by other areas of the business, customers, resellers etc.;
- Identify bugs, record on feature tracking software and propose fixes;
- Provide support to customers and resellers;
- Train, coach and develop other business areas where necessary
- Improve software processes;
- Widen technical competence and domain knowledge.
You could be the perfect candidate for this Software Engineer opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant technical qualification in Engineering, Electronics or IT Business to minimum of ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification;
- Development in the C++ language;
- Development on Windows platform;
- Embedded software development;
- Development in the python language (include web frameworks such as Flask or Django);
- GUI application design;
- Ability to learn new technology fundamentals quickly, show flexibility, and work on several projects and priorities in parallel;
- Version control systems;
- Issue management (ticketing) systems;
- Software testing methodologies;
- Demonstrable experience in developing in languages and domains mentioned above;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office tools, Word, Excel, Visio;
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
The following skills and experience are desirable but not essential:
- Development in C++ V11;
- Development on Linux platform;
- Development using .net;
- Development in the Python language;
- Understanding of comms systems (GSM, satellite, ethern-based etc);
- Continuous integration systems;
This role comes with a competitive salary and very generous benefits package. Working time is 35 hours per week. The location of this Software Engineer role would be within commutable distance of Malvern, Worcester, Ledbury, Hereford, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Gloucester.