This is an exciting opportunity for a Buyer Planner to join the Supply Chain team at a rapidly-growing, cutting-edge technology Company.
The Buyer Planner is responsible for supporting procurement activities across the business. Working closely with and supporting the Supply Chain Manager, this role will own the day-to-day operational procurement to pay cycle. Liaising with internal stakeholders, this role will also manage the flow of components into the business to maximise production flow and minimise inventory levels.
The Company designs and manufactures industry-leading environmental measurement systems and provides supporting services environmental projects.
You could be the ideal candidate for this role if you have the following essential skills and experience:
- Possess a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management / purchasing;
- Previous experience in a supply chain/procurement role;
- Have a detailed understanding of procurement to pay cycle;
- CIPs qualified or equivalent;
- Ability to read mechanical and/or electrical drawings and experience with complex components;
- Experience using MS Office suite;
- Experience of ERP/MRP systems;
- Experience of working within a JIT environment;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods;
- Ability to prioritise workload and self-motivated;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Location: Gloucestershire/Herefordshire/Worcestershire;
- Due to the office location, candidates will require a full UK driving licence and own transport.
The following skills and experience are desirable but not essential:
- Experience of lean manufacture, Kanban, 5 rights of procurement;
- Experience of using Sage 200;
- Experience of working with off shored suppliers across the globe;
- Previous experience in a specific procurement role;
- Experience of managing a dual source supplier base;
- Experience of Asian procurement.
- Competitive salary (depending on skills and experience);
- 35 hours per week.