A designer and manufacturer of high-technology environmental instruments is seeking a Site Technician to join their team. The Site Technician is responsible for assisting in all none-skilled activities around the business from Goods Inwards and Outwards to facility management.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure that goods inward/outward department is well organised;
- Load and unload all deliveries in a safe manner;
- Prep and pack completed units ready for shipping, ensuring contents tally with unit shipping documents;
- Check components quantities and supplier certificate of conformance paperwork is correct for each delivery and stock is booked in and stored ASAP in the correct location. Receive deliveries into ERP system;
- Ensure that inventory is delivered to the production line for point of use & Kanban storage. Support the Inventory technician with the replenishment of Kanban bins and the movement of large items around the site or from offsite storage;
- Assist service & production teams with the movement of the Company’s units round the business;
- Assist with taking units to/from the Company’s test facility 20 miles from the main Company site.
- Ensure that all facilities and grounds are in good order and kept clear and tidy across the site;
- Carry out appropriate repairs around the site. Keep an up to date record of maintenance items;
- Arrange LOLER six monthly checks and maintain the calibration record. Ensure that all lifting equipment requiring calibration or maintenance are up to date. Ensure all equipment is within its calibration period;
- Take ownership for dealing repair & maintenance of utilities as appropriate;
- Ensure company vehicle is in a good state of repair and is maintained in line with company and legal requirements.
You could be the ideal candidate for this role if you have the following essential skills and experience:
- 5+ GCSE / O Levels (or equivalent qualifications) including passes in Maths and English;
- MS Office and skills in using general office IT equipment;
- Ability to carry out minor site repairs to a capable standard;
- Previous experience within a Goods In/Out department;
- Ability to communicate with and welcome a wide variety of visitors and staff, maintain a professional and organised reception area. Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Location: Gloucestershire/Herefordshire/Worcestershire;
- Due to the office location, candidates will require a full UK driving licence and own transport.
The following skills and experience are also desirable but not essential:
- Manufacturing/engineering experience, First Aid, Health and Safety knowledge and awareness;
- Familiarity with factory and warehouse/goods in environment and associated processes;
- Experience of Sage 200.