Our client is a designer and manufacturer of industry-leading environmental measurement systems and they currently have a vacancy for a Data Analyst to join their growing R&D Team.
The Data Analyst is responsible for performing rigorous comparisons between data sets from current industry standard meteorological masts and the entire fleet of the Company’s measurement systems. The Data Analyst will use correlation techniques to improve the understanding of lidar data and contribute to the development of new data processing algorithms and improved data processing methods.
The role will involve opportunities for travel, and for direct interaction with clients all over the world. There will be involvement across the entire business with the successful candidate providing analysis to inform decision making within the R&D team, production and product support, commercial and business development teams.
You could be the perfect candidate for this opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a scientific area (or working towards);
- Excellent mathematical ability;
- Highly computer literate and working knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Experience with higher level scientific tools, e.g. Mathematica, Matlab, C++ or Python;
- Knowledge of databases and signal processing techniques;
- Knowledge or experience of wind energy technology;
- Knowledge of turbine control systems is desirable;
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience);
- Impressive benefits package.