Our client is a world-wide leader in the development, production and distribution of highly-accurate laboratory instruments and process measuring systems. We are seeking a National Sales Manager to lead a team of sales engineers, located throughout the UK region and Ireland, for the Company's range of laboratory Density, Process, Optical, Viscometry and petroleum testing products.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your key responsibilities will include:
- Achieve the sales and profitability targets of the responsible product portfolio and develop and implement sales plans to achieve these goals;
- Lead, motivate and develop the team in achieving corporate growth objectives;
- Manage the product portfolio, including coordinating the launch of new products, training sales engineers, providing local market input to product development and the creation of marketing plans. To achieve this regular communication with the Company’s overseas manufacturing centres is required;
- Work closely with the marketing department to plan, develop and execute communication plans for the responsible product lines on an annual basis;
- Utilise CRM systems with the necessary focus and attention to detail to ensure effective pipeline management;
- Support the Company’s field sales activities across the UK, and regularly attend meetings and customer events at the Company’s head office in the South East. Occasional overseas travel to the Company’s European headquarters and other manufacturing centres.
You could be the ideal candidate for this National Sales Manager job opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification) in chemistry, physics, engineering or a related science discipline;
- In depth understanding of laboratory and process technology with a successful track record of selling into a wide range of UK industries including food & beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical and petroleum as well as universities and research facilities;
- Proven sales management experience with a demonstrable track record of leading, motivating and coaching a team to achieve success;
- Able to manage and network effectively with key accounts and special interest groups in key industries;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong negotiating skills and the ability to interact effectively with customers at all levels of an organisation;
- Self-starting, resilient under pressure and able to work on own initiative with strong planning and organisation skills;
- Strong IT literacy including use of MS Office software and CRM systems is essential; Knowledge of instrument software and networking would be an advantage.
- Full and clean UK driving licence;
- Located within easy access of the main motorway network.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience), plus attractive bonus OTC;
- Company car;
- An attractive package of benefits.