A world-wide leading manufacturer of analytical laboratory instruments and process measurement systems, is seeking a Service Manager to join their UK team. You will be responsible for the Service operations for the UK and Ireland.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Service Manager must ensure the effective delivery of on-site and workshop service operations covering a wide product portfolio. The position is primarily based from the company’s head office but will require extensive travel in the UK and Ireland as well as overseas travel to manufacturing centres in Europe.
- Achieve Service business objective;
- Deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction through service delivery and response times;
- Lead and motivate a team of 11 field and workshop-based service engineers;
- Manage target setting, coaching and performance monitoring of service engineers to improve the effectiveness of our service activities;
- Undertake preventative maintenance, repair, installation and calibration of instruments as required;
- Provide the principal Service interface between the UK Service operation and the Service management within the Company’s international head-quarters;
- Coordinate and supervise the company’s Safety, Health, Environment and Quality systems.
This is a great opportunity and you could be the ideal candidate for the role if you have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in the calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of complex scientific instruments;
- Service management experience with a demonstrable track record of successfully leading and motivating a team;
- A degree or equivalent in electronics or electrical/mechanical engineering;
- Strong communication skills and customer service ethos;
- High resilience and flexible working attitude;
- Must maintain a valid driving licence and passport;
- Home location: within two hours drive of Hertfordshire and within easy access of the motorway network.
- £52,000 to £60,000 basic salary (depending on experience) plus £7k bonus OTC;
- Company car;
- A competitive package of benefits;
- Potential for growth within a dynamic company.