The Sales Specialist is responsible for selling and promoting the Company’s range of products within the Chemistry and Chromatography portfolio to customers within Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Industrial, Higher Education, Government and Healthcare accounts. You will maintain and develop business relationships and interact with customers, including decision makers from technical end users, stores managers, production and QC functions and procurement professionals. The territory covers Scotland.
- Achieve and exceed all sales and margin related targets for the territory;
- Contribute towards the achievement of the Company’s set profitability targets;
- Promote the product, service and solution portfolio across all market segments by adopting the Company’s client relationship strategy;
- Provide technical support to Account Managers, Telebusiness Account Managers, regional distributors, segment leaders and sales leaders;
- Gain and maintain a high level of technical product knowledge and to develop and enhance technical knowledge throughout tenure as Chemical and Chromatography Specialist;
- Confidently perform product training and demonstrations to the customer base in addition to designing and delivering internal product training programs for Account Managers;
- Demonstrate and deliver the Company’s custom manufacturing capabilities;
- Demonstrate effective planning and organisation for assigned KPIs;
- Work with Management to develop a detailed territory plan to ensure all sales and margin targets are achieved and exceeded;
- Effectively interrogate and interpret historical and current sales data to assess performance of the territory and use the data to effectively drive sales and margin growth;
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of the Company and the products, services and solution offerings within the various market segment;
- Work with preferred suppliers to gain product and service training, develop business for both the Company and its supplier partners at the same time as forming and maintain relationship bonds with key supplier partners.
The Company is a worldwide leading supplier of laboratory equipment, safety products, instruments, chemicals, consumables and supplies, providing an extensive portfolio of high-quality products from a wide range of manufacturers. Principal customers are major pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, technology, clinical, food processing and consumer product companies, and environmental testing organisations.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry or any related subject;
- Previous experience selling chromatography consumables would be an advantage;
- Post-education laboratory work experience in using chromatographic methods – e.g. TLC, HPLC, GC;
- Active interest in a specialist scientific sales career;
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook;
- Team player;
- Self-starter with a hunger for success;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Business acumen and problem solving skills;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Home location within the territory and within easy access of the main road network: AB, DD, DG, EH, FK, G, HS, IV, KA, KW, KY, ML, PA, PH, TD, ZE.
- £30,000 to £40,000 salary (depending on experience), plus 25% OTC bonus;
- Company car;
- Attractive benefits.