This is a great opportunity for a candidate with skills in the repair and maintenance of Chromatography instrumentation. You will join one of the market-leaders in the supply of Chromatography maintenance (HPLC and GC) as a Field Service Engineer supporting customers across North East England, from Leeds in the south.
You will be responsible for the maintenance, repair and support of a variety of branded HPLC and GC instrumentation installed in laboratories within the pharmaceutical, biomedical, clinical, food and beverage, forensics, environmental and industrial industries. You will encounter equipment from many of the leading manufactures, including: Agilent, Beckman, Gilson, Perkin Elmer, Shimadzu, Varian, Waters and more.
You could be the ideal candidate for this role if you have the following skills and experience:
- Experience carrying out maintenance and basic repairs as part of a current field service engineer role or current job responsibilities within a laboratory setting;
- Experience in the maintenance and servicing of HPLC and GC instrumentation is essential;
- Experience using chromatography instrumentation in a laboratory environment would be beneficial;
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication;
- Professional and competent manner;
- Energetic and positive outlook;
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- Highly organised;
- Full and preferably clean driving licence;
- Location: North East England from Leeds northwards – i.e. within 1½ hours drive time of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
The Company has built an impressive and consistent reputation, by providing a fast response with professional and efficient engineers, using high-quality consumables and spares. The Company’s services are highly-respected and used by many of the key scientific companies and organisations across the UK.
You will receive the following package:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience), plus bonus OTC (paid monthly);
- Company car;
- Unreceipted lunch allowance of £6 per day (approx. £1,560 pa);
- Attractive pension, with 5% employer contribution increasing up to 15% with continued service.