The Production and Product Support Manager is responsible for planning and organising the production and servicing schedules and assessing project and resource requirements to deliver the best output from the production and product support teams.
As part of the facility team, this is a ‘hands-on’ role, which includes the coaching, development, supervision and leadership of the production engineers, the assembly team and the product support team.
This position will include the ownership and delivery of the agreed production schedule and all quality aspects for the Company’s production products ensuring that every unit released meets both internal and external delivery dates, specification and quality expectations.
This role is also responsible for all aspects of managing the production and product support facility including layout, production processes, flow and lean methodologies for continuous improvement.
With new products and facilities being established this is an exciting time to join the organisation and be a part of its successful future.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities will include:
- Planning and organising the production and servicing schedules.
- Assessing project and resource requirements to deliver the best output.
- Coaching, developing, supervising and leading the production engineers, assembly team and product support team.
- Owning and delivering of the agreed production schedule and all quality assurance
- Managing the production and product support facility.
The Company designs and manufactures industry-leading environmental measurement systems and provides supporting services for energy projects and applications.
- A minimum of HNC/ONC in an Engineering discipline;
- Previous experience of working within a small production environment, assembling complex electronic equipment;
- Leadership experience is essential;
- Proven analytical skills;
- A working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies;
- Ability to learn new technology fundamentals;
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at once;
- A good understanding of production and engineering principles;
- Excellent communication on all levels;
- Ability to lead and train;
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
Competitive salary with impressive benefits package.