Our client is a designer and manufacturer of industry-leading environmental measurement systems and they are seeking a Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer to join their expanding team.
The (SQA) Engineer is responsible for increasing product reliability. You will use your technical knowledge to ensure that the delivered product meets the businesses technical performance robustness and reliability requirements, often working on multiple issues / projects at a time with varying degrees of complexity.
You will ensure that product specifications are interpreted correctly and that control plans and test requirements align with the business requirements to assure quality of product at point of delivery.
The SQA Engineer will work with suppliers to ensure that the root cause is fully understood and robust preventative and corrective actions are in place following quality issues. You will maintain accurate records of supplier performance to ensure appropriate and timely intervention where necessary and ensure continuity and quality of supply.
During New Product Introduction (NPI) process, the SQA Engineer will maintain accurate project schedules and share critical pinch points and roadblocks with key business stakeholders offering solutions to recover project slippage.
In the first instance this role will own, organise, plan, and monitor all quality control aspects in new product assembly, and will work with the Production and Product Support Manager and Supply Chain Manager to ensure quality issues are root cause analysed and closed out in a timely manner, and that corrective actions ensure the issues do not repeat.
Working with Engineering, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and processes to understand and improve the production released Product’s robustness and reliability based on the experience and information gained from field issues.
You could be the perfect candidate for this job opportunity if you have the following essential skills and experience:
- ONC/HNC/BTec (or equivalent qualification) in Business or Customer Services; or a Degree (or equivalent qualification) in Engineering or Electronics;
- Previous experience as a Quality Engineer or SQA Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer;
- Understanding of what good customer service looks like;
- Able to get the best from an extended team and experience coaching and developing others;
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and experience working in a Matrix organisation;
- Commercial awareness;
- Excellent inter-personnel skills, able to clearly articulate themselves in verbal and written communication.
- A fast learner with the ability to learn new technology fundamentals, show extreme flexibility, and work on several projects and priorities at once;
- Highly driven for continuous improvement;
- Proven team player who can effectively interact with others to accomplish tasks within tight timescales and challenging environments;
- Ability to problem solve in a logical manner;
- Experience using MS Office Suite;
- Regularly and independently reviews own position to seek and remedy any perceived areas for improvements;
- Location: Gloucestershire/Herefordshire/Worcestershire;
- Due to the office location, candidates will require a full UK driving licence and own transport.
The following skills and experience are desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of electronics in engineered products;
- Understanding of lean methodologies;
- Internal/External Auditor;
- ISO 9001 Lead auditor qualified CQI / IRCA.
- Competitive salary (depending on skills and experience);
- 35 hours per week.