The Production Business Specialist provides valuable support to the Company’s Production Segment Team, which offers production customers a comprehensive range of products and services, for example; items that are ingredients in final manufactured products, items that come into contact with the manufactured product or which support and maintain the production environment. The portfolio includes a choice of global chemical brands, and the Company can also provide tailor-made solutions to meet the specific requirements of its customers.
This position is a 12-month maternity cover contract, based in the Company UK offices in Leicestershire.
Reporting to Production Segment Leader:
- Fulfil sales and margin targets for the Company’s production chemistry business;
- Support the work of the Company’s sales specialists and account managers at production accounts;
- Organise visits to key production accounts in order to identify and work closely with the principal decision makers and understand their objectives;
- Liaise with suppliers plus colleagues within logistics, warehouse, quality, order processing, regulatory affairs and change control management to ensure that our key production customers’ product, document and delivery requirements are met;
- Keep key production customers well informed regarding any critical issues which may affect their manufacturing process or schedules;
- Establish relationships with key suppliers to ensure their support for our production business initiatives;
- Act as the main point of contact for new/ repeat production business enquiries, certificates, documents and regulatory requirements. Advise on costs and quotations where requested;
- Monitor the sales and margin development of the production chemistry business and identify opportunities for new products and promotional activities;
- Participate in Company training sessions/meetings of the reagents/chromatography team;
- Assist in activities related to other parts of the reagents/chromatography business if requested.
The Company is a worldwide leading supplier of laboratory consumables, equipment and supplies, providing an extensive portfolio of high-quality products from a wide range of manufacturers. Principal customers are major pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, technology, clinical, food processing and consumer product companies, universities, education and research institutes, governmental and environmental testing agencies.
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in chemistry;
- Previous sales experience;
- Good IT skills (SAP, MS Office, CRM);
- Commercial understanding of the market, competition, pricing and discount structures;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers;
- Drive to push self and others to achieve the expectations of the customers;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Deliver presentations when required and produce accurate and punctual reports.
- £20,000 to £23,000 salary per annum pro rata (depending on experience and qualifications).