The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, repair and support of a variety of branded HPLC, GC and Mass Spectrometry instrumentation installed in laboratories within the pharmaceutical, biomedical, clinical, food and beverage, forensics, environmental and industrial industries across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire.
The engineer will encounter equipment from many of the leading manufactures, including: Agilent, Beckman, Gilson, Perkin Elmer, Shimadzu, Varian, Waters and more.
The Company is one of the market-leaders in the supply of Chromatography maintenance (HPLC, GC and Mass Spectrometry), which has built an impressive and consistent reputation, by providing a fast response with professional and efficient engineers, using high-quality consumables and spares. The Company’s services are highly-respected and used by many of the key scientific companies and organisations across the UK.
- HNC or equivalent qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Experience in the maintenance and servicing of chromatography instrumentation is essential
- Experience servicing Agilent GC and GCMS is essential
- Experience using chromatography instrumentation in a laboratory environment would be beneficial
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication
- Professional and competent manner
- Energetic and positive outlook
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Highly organised
- Full and preferably clean driving licence
- Location: within the territory (Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire)
- £25,000 to £29,000 salary (depending on experience), plus up to £4,000 bonus OTC (paid quarterly);
- Company car;
- Unreceipted lunch allowance of £6 per day (approx. £1,560 pa);
- Attractive pension, with 5% employer contribution increasing up to 15% with continued service.