The Sales Specialist is responsible for developing business for the Company’s service and maintenance contracts for chromatography instrumentation with both existing and new clients within the pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical, and environmental markets.
The service contracts cover a wide variety of branded instrumentation from many of the leading manufactures, including: Agilent, Beckman, Gilson, Perkin Elmer, Shimadzu, Varian, Waters and more. Your customer contacts will be Laboratory managers, Research group Leaders and Post graduates, as well as Production Managers from industrial or academic institutions who have a requirement for chromatography instrumentation.
The territory for the role covers the South of the UK, with Birmingham and the M6 as the most northerly point.
The Company is one of the market-leaders in the supply of Chromatography maintenance (HPLC, GC and Mass Spectrometry), which has built an impressive and consistent reputation, by providing a fast response with professional and efficient engineers, using high-quality consumables and spares. The Company’s services are highly-respected and used by many of the key scientific companies and organisations across the UK.
- Experience using chromatography instrumentation in a laboratory environment would be beneficial
- Laboratory experience is preferable but not essential;
- Proven successful track record in sales would be of benefit, particularly within the scientific marketplace;
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook;
- Friendly personality;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Self-disciplined and ambitious;
- Full and preferably clean driving licence;
- Territory: Southern England up to Birmingham (M6);
- Ideal home location: within 2-hours of Bedford.
- £25,000 to £27,000 salary (depending on experience), plus £7k - £14k bonus OTC (paid monthly);
- Company car; with business and private fuel allowance
- Unreceipted lunch allowance of £6 per day (approx. £1,560 pa);
- Attractive pension, with 5% employer contribution increasing up to 15% with continued service.
- 28 days holiday (including Bank holidays) with an additional Christmas shutdown allocation.